A Thanksgiving Meal for All
Every year JFCS prepares Thanksgiving baskets for our most vulnerable clients. This year, 258 individuals from 85 families will enjoy a Thanksgiving meal with their loved ones. How do we make it happen?
- Start with Tzedek – the Jewish value of advocacy that fosters fairness and equity – because every family deserves a Thanksgiving meal.
- Add generous helpings of turkey and side dishes courtesy of donations by the Sonny & Janet Meyer Food Pantry and Tova Industries.
- Incorporate the coordination of delivery and pickups through JFCS direct service and administrative staff, whose behind-the-scenes work ensures a smooth process for all.
- Fold in some Chesed, actions rooted in compassion and empathy, to symbolize the many hours our staff and volunteers spent lovingly packaging meals for JFCS families, taking extra care for special dietary needs.
- Gather with family and friends and enjoy!
This Thanksgiving, 85 families will come together and enjoy a nourishing meal, made all the better by the contributions of the dedicated donors, staff and volunteers at JFCS. One family member told us, “My family wouldn’t have Thanksgiving if it wasn’t for JFCS. We probably would have just eaten mac and cheese and peanut butter sandwiches. We are so grateful to have something special to celebrate on Thanksgiving.”
We wish them, and you, a meaningful holiday filled with gratitude.
Interested in volunteering with JFCS? Email email@example.com for more info.