While you may know that JFCS has the Klein Older Adult division in our agency, You May Not Know that we also offer Caregiver Support. Caregiver Support can offer a practical and emotional hand to give you a lift when you find yourself taking care of the parents (or other older family member) that once took care of you. Its a situation that can easily become overwhelming, but with JFCS you’re not alone! Our services include:
- Education on the aging process
- Stress management
- Problem solving and support groups
- Teaching you to take care of yourself
- Strategies for setting boundaries
- Consultation on safety and long-term care
- Workplace seminars and fairs
JFCS offers Caregiver Support groups (among many others) held on a monthly basis at a variety of locations. To find a support group near you, please visit our website, or call us at (502) 452-6341.
Caregiver Support services are funded in part by KIPDA Area Agency on Aging through the Older Americans Act and the Cabinet for Health Services.
Share this Post