Tonight begins the holiday of Chanukah, the Jewish festival of lights. Over the next eight nights, families and communities will gather to eat food cooked in oil and will light the traditional candelabra called a menorah. In recent years, a movement has begun to make this a time to rededicate ourselves to the Jewish value of Tikkun Olam – working to repair the world.
Every year, JFCS provides counseling, senior home care and transportation, career exploration and advancement, and refugee support services to more than 9,000 individuals and families who turn to us for support as they go through challenges and celebrations of daily living. We invite you to join us in our Double Chai (Life) Campaign this December, with a goal to raise $36,000!
You may wonder how your gift creates impact:
· $75 ensures a family of 4 has enough food to eat.
· $150 covers a utility bill for a family needing emergency services.
· $200 enables a senior to have 10 hours of subsidized homecare, allowing them to age in place at home.
· $300 provides counseling services for families who do not have insurance coverage.
· $500 catapults a Louisvillian into a career path and supports our local economy.
· $750 empowers a refugee to start their own small business successfully.
· $1,000 keeps 50 seniors active through safe transportation to the doctor’s office, community activities, the grocery, and other errands when they can no longer drive themselves.
This December, help us share the light of hope and stability to the entire community. Make the gift of impact today at https://jfcslouisville.org/donate.
Share this Post