Klein Older Adult Services
That applies both to the older adult and those around him or her – a spouse, an adult child or a caregiver. At JFCS, we understand and offer an array of services designed to support both older adults (age 60 and older) and their caregivers to maintain the highest possible quality of life. We are dedicated to ensuring seniors live a safe, active, and healthy life by maintaining their independence throughout the aging process.
Our licensed clinical social workers, geriatric care managers, and other staff members in the Klein Older Adult Services division are there to assure that health, social, personal, transportation, housing and safety needs are met. We understand that every situation is unique and work with our clients and families to create individualized care plans that maximize independence, safety, and well-being.
Our licensed clinical social workers and care managers are here to assure that your health, social, personal and safety needs are met. Schedule a consultation today.
JFCS Senior Concierge HomeCare provides non-medical services that can help older adults with light house cleaning, laundry, and meal preparation. Reasonable fee-based services can be scheduled HERE.
JFCS PALS Transportation Service provides reasonable, fee-based transportation. Also JOY!Ride offers rides for our Jewish clients to Jewish activities and services. Click HERE to learn more about our transportation service and to schedule rides.
One day everything is fine, and the next day your world is turned upside down. Geriatric care management can help.
- Assessment: There are many factors to consider our specialist in aging will conduct a comprehensive evaluation which guides the planning process so that you can make informed decisions about care.
- Case Management: We often see clients who are juggling career, family needs, and caregiving at the same time, while others live too far from their parents or aging loved ones to help them meet their daily needs. We know that when clients have trouble understanding how to help the elders they care about, it is hard to make sense of the options. Our staff will assist you and your loved one in finding resources, making decisions, and managing stress
It is tough to be a parent, hold down a job and care for your parents. That is why we offer support for caregivers.
- Support: When your responsibility shifts from your family role to that of caregiver, JFCS provides a practical and emotional hand to give you the lift you need. Learn about the aging process, stress management, problem-solving, self-care, boundary setting, safety and long-term care.
- Groups: Caregivers facing challenges find help and camaraderie in our free support groups. In these meetings, you will find opportunities for problem-solving, education and mutual support.
Professional Care Services
Visit our site or call 502.452.6341 for more information.
It is a giant leap of faith to hire a caregiver to be in your parent’s home, so we thoroughly scrutinize our staff through our hiring and training process.
- In-home care: Senior Concierge provides non-medical home care with aides you can trust to promote independence and ensure safety for older adults in their own homes or alternative living situations.
- Respite care: If you need help balancing caregiving with personal needs, respite services are available to care for your loved one while you are away.
- Transportation: Maintain independence with Passport Around Louisville Service. PALS is an inexpensive, wheelchair-accessible transportation service that operates with your convenience in mind. Our trained drivers will take you where you need to go and can even provide help with simple errands and shopping.